Admission to the College
Requirements for admission to the Chicago College of Oriental Medicine are as follows:
- Applicants must provide evidence of an associate’s or higher degree or have completed the minimum equivalent of 60 semester/90 quarter credits through an official transcript from an accrediting authority recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education or a degree from another country evaluated for U.S. equivalence, with the exception of degrees from professional practice whose professional standards do not require a baccalaureate degree for entry. The college will request transcripts on all students seeking admission to the college. Transcripts will become a part of the applicant’s file and must be evaluated by the Dean of Academic Affairs to ensure that these minimum standards have been met prior to an applicant’s acceptance to the Chicago College of Oriental Medicine.
- The transcript must indicate successful completion of 31-32 units of general education in the following areas:
- Natural, Physical or Life Sciences and Math (7-8 units)
- Social/Behavioral Sciences (9 units)
- Humanities and Fine Arts (9 units)
- Oral and Written Communication (6 units)
- Applicants must demonstrate an overall minimum of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. All extenuating circumstances regarding admission into the program will be referred to the Admissions Committee for consideration
- Provide three character references
- A completed essay
- A current resume (if applicable)
- Must complete a mandatory admissions interview and
- Must complete an application for admission which includes a $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Background Check Fee will be charged.
The college will not admit individuals who have been convicted of a misdemeanor of a violent or sexual nature or any felony. CCOM will deny admission to applicants with such convictions. The College therefore will conduct a criminal background check on all applicants seeking admissions.
Responsibility of Applicant
Illinois Immunization Requirement
Students with Disabilities
Application Procedure and Selection of Candidates